Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

AnimationRigging pkg - Modifying constraint components in the editor at runtime does not work

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by hawaiian_lasagne, Apr 3, 2020.

1. hawaiian_lasagne

hawaiian_lasagne

I'm using the Multi-Aim constraint for looking at a target.

If I modify the 'Aim Axis' on the component in play mode in the editor, it doesn't have any effect. Modifying the weights works, but not much else tbh. I can't add new components or game objects to the rig control hierarchy either.

Can someone let me know if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

2. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Yes, this is intended. Aim Axis is not a runtime parameter and is only used at initialization. As a rule of thumb, if a parameter can be animated, you can take into account that it will also be updated at runtime.

Otherwise, we were thinking of greying out the parameter in playmode to indicate that it cannot change past initialization to make this clearer.

hawaiian_lasagne likes this.
  3. hawaiian_lasagne

hawaiian_lasagne

Thanks for clarifying that, it was driving me mad as I wasn’t sure if I had it setup correctly or not.

Agreed, greying out the properties with a tooltip could really help.

Cheers