Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation woes with multiply objects

Discussion in 'Animation' started by elpuerco63, Oct 23, 2014.

1. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

I'm trying to perform a simple animation with a parent single child relationship but am struggling to get this working and hope someone could help?

I have two cubes one larger than the other with the smaller just touching the left side of the larger.

The animation moves the larger cube (the parent) and the smaller cube (the child) from right of scene to the left of scene rotating as it goes so as it reaches center of scene the small cube is facing the camera and as the animation continues the rotation and movement continue to the left.

When at the centre I get the small cube to move toward the camera away from the large cube and fall downward to the ground.

But when I continue the large cubes animation to move to the left the small cube is dragged with it along the ground in the same direction as the large cube.

No matter how I try to select or arrange the sections of the keyframes in the Animation view I cant get the small cube to remain when it lands!

I've been trying to see how I can get the child to remain in place while the parent moves away with no success and my searches for answers online so far have not help

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

Anyone? Please?

I've been on this solid now for days and cannot find any tutorial or assistance to solve this problem :-(

I'm basically performing repeated trial and error and getting nowhere. I can you lots in Unity but this animation view and controlling is just sapping the life out of me :-(