Search Unity

Question Animation with extra sprites?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by PapayaLimon, Jun 8, 2020.

1. PapayaLimon

PapayaLimon

Hello! I'm trying to make some animations at unity 2D. I have already rigged my character in PSB and already done the animations.

The issue is, for example, that I want to make a character sleeping and add a ZZZ above it, or touch a plug and surround the character with thunders moving. So I want to know if its a way that I can add extra sprites in the animation window to add this effects?

Thanks in advance.

2. Undertaker-Infinity

Undertaker-Infinity

The animator can animate anything in the hierarchy of the object it's put in, so you can put objects (like a few Z's) as children in the hierarchy and animate them from the character's animation. You can also enable/disable them with keyframes.

3. arvindchetu

arvindchetu

Yes you can make the extra object child component and animate the with respect to parent. And make them appear according to you requirement or you can do one more thing make changes at runtime by writing a script also.

4. PapayaLimon

PapayaLimon

Thanks for the info. I just have a last question. If I attached many sprites to my player object, even if they are not visible, those sprites won't consume resources all the time? or only when they are active?

thanks!

5. Undertaker-Infinity

Undertaker-Infinity