Search Unity

Animation Window - Location of SpriteRender

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Cornysam, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Cornysam

Cornysam

Hey Yall, I am having a weird issue. I have been using prototype art for a while and have finally started using real animations. The issue i have is on the animation window. Here is the image of what is happening:

upload_2020-9-24_20-2-31.png

Here is what my old gameobject's animation window looks like:
    upload_2020-9-24_20-3-7.png

The problem with this is I have the same object hierarchy on my new character. Character and then 3 children: Graphics, CeilingCheck and GroundCheck. So these are identical but I cannot seem to get the new one to have the same animation format. This is causing the Parent gameobject to add a spriterender component to it but I dont want that. I want it like my prototype gameobject where there is no SpriteRenderer on the Parent, just on the Graphics child.

If i remove the SpriteRenderer on the parent, it gives me this:
    upload_2020-9-24_20-6-5.png

I have code that works for the Graphics child gameobject and if it adds a spriterenderer to the parent as well then there are overlaps; my walking animation or idle with a still sprite behind it.

Let me know what i have to do to correct this. I have tried selecting the graphics object when adding the animation but still it says RoboChar : Sprite instead of Graphics : Sprite. I wasn't sure how to look this up so I am posting, sorry for repost if it is. Thanks

2. Cornysam

Cornysam

Anyone?