Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation Window Keyframes Disappear When Entering Play Mode

Discussion in 'Animation' started by avive_jellybtn, May 15, 2018.

1. avive_jellybtn

avive_jellybtn

Hi @ Unity Forum,

One of our technical artists has bumped into a very strange issue while editing an animation.
    He simply started by editing an existing animation in the Animation Window and then hit the Play button.
    Immediately after clicking Play a part of the the animation window keyframes disappeared.
    It seems like some sort of a mask is hiding them because some of the keyframes are only partially visible and playing around with the zoom of the animation window can hide/show keyframes.
    The issue reproduces on Unity 2017.3.1p1
    I've attached a video and a screenshot that demonstrates the issue.

Anyone else bumped into this issue?

Thanks,
    Aviv.

Michaela_Human likes this.
  2. Michaela_Human

Michaela_Human

This keeps happening to me too! If I shut unity down and reopen it the keyframes reappear until I press play again!

3. Michaela_Human

Michaela_Human

4. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We're looking at the bug on our side. There seems to be issues with the rendering context when switching to play mode and it affects the animation window in this case. This is a refresh issue and it shouldn't mess up your curve data otherwise.

You can refer to the link posted in this thread to follow up on the progress :)