Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation View missing in v4.3

Discussion in 'Animation' started by gary.gan, Nov 25, 2013.

1. gary.gan

gary.gan

am following a tutorial from an book, "Beginning 3D Game Development with Unity 4",
    lost when dealing with "Animation View".

In old version (v4.2 from "ProjectSettings.asset"), book sample comes with something that similar to this:

but in v4.3, only can see this(after adding myself), and no idea where to see the curve to set the alpha of the material.
    $v4.3.png

from release note, seems that was removed.

Unity 4.3

Any idea where to summon the curve?

2. alexhajdu

alexhajdu

It's still there - see the screenshot from unity 4.3

$scr.png

Attached Files:

3. ammar26

ammar26

You are viewing the new DOPE SHEET view in Unity3D 4.3 Animation Window, At the bottom you can switch to CURVES view

4. gary.gan

gary.gan

yes, found it. Thanks to all.

5. trasher258

trasher258

I wish it was that easy for me...I think my issue is relevant so I will post it here.

I'm also using 4.3 but the option to choose between the Dope Sheet and the Curves view... is non-existent in the Animation View. Is this something that can be turned back on or any hotkeys to at least move between the two views? I have no clue why it isn't there for me.

6. ammar26

ammar26

Can you post a screenshot ?

7. trasher258

trasher258

Sure.

$Missing Curve Option.PNG

I know that's the Dope Sheet I'm looking at but the options to switch between Dope Sheet/Curves is not there. Tried this on two computers now with a Unity Pro license in version 4.3.0f4. Nobody else seems to have this issue so I'm clueless :confused:.

Edit: Well, I found the shortcut key "C" that lets me do what I wanted... still doesn't help explain where the buttons went.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. ammar26

ammar26

Well its really strange. Unity3D 4.3.1 is out, try updating to 4.3.1. I hope they have resolved this issue.