Search Unity

Animation Tutorials and Unity 2017

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Deleted User, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I notice some of the tutorials were created for different version of Unity. Can I safely assume that if the tutorial was left unchanged after v4 that it didn't need updating?

One reason I asked is that I'm trying to follow along and don't see any animations attached to the Ethan model in Standard Assets or the Stealth package. I'm wondering if that is an issue with importing it into Unity 2017 instead of v4. Is there newer content for learning animation I should check out?

Thanks!

2. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

Without knowing anything about those demos... I will say the workflow for working with Mecanim is largely the same now as it was in v4. You may run into API changes when dealing with a few specialized cases such as the override controller. Not sure I'm understanding you right, but it occurs to me to mention the standard practice of having one file (fbx) that contains a rig (the character), while in a separate file the animations for the character are stored/imported.

Also may want to ask yourself if using the newest release is right for your needs. eh hope that helped, and you-tube is filled with Unity tutorials if you need other sources.

Deleted User likes this.