Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation Trigger event. Is it a bit different in Unity 4.3? Need help!

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Ameralazzeh, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ameralazzeh

Ameralazzeh

Hi,
    I've been facing a new problem, since I updated my Unity to 4.3. Before I used to make animation trigger event, which I apply the script to an empty object 'collider', and when I trigger it a certain animation will start playing. Now the confusing thing is, there is 'Animator' and 'Animation' in Animation I can set the animated object to play automatically or not as long as there is a link between it and the trigger event, and when I animate an object using Unity it will automatically create the animation tab.The new Unity, using the same techniques when I animate an object for triggering purposes it creates a tab called 'Animator' and that will not allow me to use the animation as trigger, loop it or...etc, and every time I add the animation tab to it, it doesn't change anything in fact all the animation is within the Animator tab not Animation tab.

Ok shorter. When I make animation trigger, I can make it play automatically using the animation tab and it plays when I touch the trigger. Now I can't do, because I only get animator tab after animation, and when I play the animation keeps looping and playing even though its linked to the trigger script. Every time I remove the animator tab and leave it to the animation tab, the animation doesn't play even though the anim file I made is attached with it.

Sorry if its not clear to you.
    I would appreciate your help

Attached Files:

2. Archania

Archania

The Animator controller is for mecanim only. Sounds like you want to use the animatiin controller.
    You have them confused I think and what you want to use is the animation controller.