Search Unity

1. Tune in to get all the latest Unity news live from Berlin on June 19, 6pm CEST. Set up a YouTube reminder!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation transition duration seems to fail (should be 1s - looks like 0s)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Tech-Labs, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:28 PM.

1. Tech-Labs

Tech-Labs

Hi,
    I've got this very simple Animator Controller set up.
    I've got a 'Body Idle' state and a 'Body Talking' state. Both are loaded with clips during run time using the AnimatorOverrideController. That works fine.
    I'm using a simple boolean parameter to switch between the states. If 'true' then start the talking animation, if 'false' then start the idling animation.
    Both transitions are exactly the same (apart from the bool being true in one and false in the other). Not Exit time, Fixed duration of 1s. All default settings.
    When I set the Bool to 'true' the transition looks fine.
    When I then set the Bool (back) to 'false' there is no transition! The idle animation just starts within 1 frame making the transition look extremely abrupt.
    Any ideas why this could happen?

Cheers!

Marco

[Flow]
    1 load idle animation clip in the Idle State at start using AnimatorOverrideController
    2 start the idle animation by setting the bool 'start' to 'true'
    3 load the talking animation clip in the Talk State at some point using AnimatorOverrideController
    4 set the bool 'startTalkin' to 'true' to start the talking animation using the 1 second fixed duration transition
    5 wait until the audio (started at 4) is done
    6 load idle animation clip using AnimatorOverrideController into the Idle State
    7 set the bool 'startTalking' to 'false' to start the idle animation using the 1 second fixed duration transition

Attached Files: