Search Unity

[Animation][Suggestion][Help] Add a decent Clip Navigator

Discussion in 'Animation' started by pedroteixeira720, Jul 28, 2022.

1. pedroteixeira720

pedroteixeira720

Hello, the current Animation List (the dropdown) is like the worst thing I can experience when dealing with multiple animations. I am working on a project with 300 clips and counting, and the dropdown is just... awful. It does not support mousewheel scrolling, it does not expand to check every animation, and you must either click the arrows or use keyboard to navigate. And if you forgot which animation you were and accidentally click some other clip, well, F.

Clicking the animation in the project does not allow to preview the animation on the selected avatar with the animator. So, afaik, theres no other way besides using the horrible dropdown.

I'm talking about this:

Here is my mockpup proposal:

A new window called something like "ClipFinder". This will automatically update its animation list whenever you click an object with the component Animator, along updating the Animation Window so its ready to be edited. Now we can freely choose our animation with much less effort with a single click and with a scrollable window using our mousewheel, wow! Who would have thought. The textbox to filter what we want is a plus.

Or if someone could snag me a custom Editor Window script doing exact or similar thing, would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and hopefully to see in the future an improvement to this silly Dropdown animation list.