Search Unity

Animation stuck when using a box collider

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sk8rgamer, Feb 7, 2015.

1. sk8rgamer

sk8rgamer

Not too sure if this is the right place but any help would be appreciated, I'm making a top down 2-D game like some of the legend of Zelda games. I made a character sprite sheet, sliced and animated it, and it looked fine so I kept it. Now the problem was I added a box collider to my character and the animation no longer works, it just sits at the first frame and the animator window says its running but there's no change to the sprite. it might be worth noting but this is not for the player character, so the other character just sits there and for now is just supposed to loop an animation while not being ran through, I haven't seen anything about this yet, and again any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sk8rgamer

sk8rgamer

Ok so I figured out this problem, it was just a matter of redoing the animation without having the collider be a property, but now I get a warning "Animation clip X used by animator component Y must be marked as legacy" and I know you just go into the debug menu and change the Animation type from 2 to 1 but when I do in runtime it stops the animation

theANMATOR2b likes this.