Search Unity

Animation.Stop() freezing character instead of rewinding animation

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Zethariel1, May 30, 2012.

1. Zethariel1

Zethariel1

Hi everyone!

I have encountered a most pecular bug -- and since my knowledge in animation isn't perfect, I belive it is something I'm not seeing...

I have a script that is fired on the player when he gets hit -- it stops all other coroutines and animations and makes the player be knocked back. The StopAllCoroutines() works great, but animation.Stop() isn't working as I would expect it to -- if there was an animation in progress, it simply freezes it and the player is locked in a bizzare pose until a new animation is played. From the reference I understood that animation.Stop() stops all animations, which is what I wanted -- and some of the animations were run from coroutines (which shouldn't matter, they could be launched from anywhere I believe.) The script responsible for stopping the animation is simple:
    Code (csharp):
    2. public virtual void IsHit()
    3.     {
    4.         if (isHit)
    5.             return;
    6.         else
    7.             isHit = true;
    8.         canMove = false;
    9.         enemyModel.animation.Stop();
    10.         StopAllCoroutines();
    11. // ............ unimportant stuff later
    Here is a screenshot of what happens:

As you can see, the red pony is locked in an awkward position. Anyone has any clue what could be wrong?

2. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

erm, You are stopping all animations but not starting any. It leaves it in the last pose because you are not specifying any animation to start.

Consider simply crossfading a new animation onto your model, instead of stopping everything.

Note: you can stop certain animations if you have layered animations.

animation.Stop("Aim");

This would stop a certain animation and cross fade it back to underlying animations.

3. Zethariel1

Zethariel1

Ah, I knew it would be something that simple >.< Lemme try it.

EDIT: No dice. I added an Idle anmation, that was simply no rotation/movement (added flat curves to make sure of that) and then added the line enemyModel.animation.Play("Idle"). The character was still locked in the awkward upward-facing-dog position.

EDIT2: Okay, that was me being retarded again. I changed the animation some more, and now it works like a charm. Thanks for your time!

Last edited: May 30, 2012