Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation State Mirroring doesn't work with looping animations?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by DCallaPlayful, Aug 27, 2017.

1. DCallaPlayful

DCallaPlayful

I've been able to use the Animation State's "Mirror" functionality on all my non-looping states with great effect. When I try it with a looping animation, the mirror doesn't work and all I get is a bit of animation stutter. I have the Mirror driven by an animation parameter. If I take the offending looping animation clip and set it to no longer be a loop, the mirroring works fine. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Also, the looping clip does seem to mirror correctly if I set the mirror flag in the clip itself, but that's not sufficient for my purposes as I need to be able to be able to flip the mirroring on and off at runtime.

-Rig is Humanoid
    -Tested on Unity 2017.1.0p4

2. RevoltingProductions

RevoltingProductions

So what you want to do is create a new clip that is mirrored and use that new clip as your animation.

3. DCallaPlayful

DCallaPlayful

Thanks for the tip RevoltinProductions. That's exactly what I ended up doing as, hopefully, a temporary solution. Unfortunately that has required me to either duplicate all the states that that need both standard and mirrored versions, or put both clips into a blend tree and ensure that one and only one has any weight. Neither solution is ideal.