Search Unity

Animation speed resets in web build

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JonS, Sep 10, 2013.

1. JonS

JonS

Hey, had a small issue today that I haven't been able to figure out.

Using Mecanim I have an attack animation in my character that's set to 1.5x speed in his animator controller since the attack feels a bit sluggish at the normal speed. It works fine in the editor and on my phone, but I just built a web version of the game and his attack has reverted back to 1.0x speed for some reason.

It's also doing this for other animations that I've slowed down. In the web player they're back up to the normal speed which is way too fast.

I've double checked all the animator controllers and the speeds are set where they're supposed to be in there.

Is this something that expected and I just don't know it, or have I run into a random bug?

Thanks.

2. pierrepaul

pierrepaul

Unity Technologies

Hi this really seems like a bug.

Can you please log this using "Help/ Report a Bug"

That would be really appreciated.

pp

3. dreasgrech

dreasgrech

Did you ever hear anything else about this problem?

I ran into the same same exact issue as the OP just now, where the Animator Speed for one of my States is set to 1.5x and although it works correctly for a PC build, it resets back to 1x for a WEB build.

I'm on Unity 4.1.5f1.

4. SinSinx2

SinSinx2

Did anybody figure this out? I just recently ran into this problem

Edit: While building and running, the animations didn't work correctly but after uploading it to itchio and playing it from there, it got fixed.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023