Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We’re making changes to the Unity Runtime Fee pricing policy that we announced on September 12th. Access our latest thread for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Animation Skinning appears different in Unity than in Maya (not vertex influence related)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JimBendingBoneloaf, Oct 8, 2022.

1. JimBendingBoneloaf

JimBendingBoneloaf

upload_2022-10-8_15-41-48.png

Hello

The skinning is very different in Unity (2021.3.8f1) from Maya. Its rougher and I have spikes, despite ensuring that the two are matched up vertex influence wise.

At the moment I can only presume this is a bug.

Is anyone aware of any other quality settings or import settings I need to be aware of?

Is there a recommended method of bind options? It would be great if I could get a Unity developer to clarify ideal skinning solutions as in my experience of animating characters in Unity this hasn't been documented anywhere

Thanks

Jim

2. MrKsi

MrKsi

Try to save it to obj or make a 3ds version and overtake it from 3ds max already in Unity.

3. MrKsi

MrKsi

Another option is to save it in 3ds and use SimLiber to overtake it in fbx format

4. MrKsi

MrKsi

If there is the same problem in these programs, then most likely it is a problem of the vertices of the model, only a rework will help here, do you have a rig on the model? Try to remove it and see the changes