Search Unity

Bug Animation Selection Bug

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ElXill, Apr 12, 2023.

1. ElXill

ElXill

Something weird happens when selecting animation in Animator.

While selecting an animation another animation also lights-up and in the end wrong animation get selected. And I can't select the right animation also under fbx when selecting trying to select animation another animation get selected (again).

It is weird becouse it only happens when animations are in a certain order, and for a certain animation. So I just changed order and it works fine.

Here is a picture when I'm trying to select THBE-COM_SS_Right_StepS the other animation get selected.
    AnimationSelectionBug.jpg

2. olivia3212

olivia3212

Hello there,
    It sounds like you're experiencing a selection bug in the Animator. These types of issues can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve the problem.

First, try restarting the Animator and see if that resolves the issue. If not, try clearing the cache and rebuilding the project.

If the problem persists, it could be related to the order of your animations. You mentioned that changing the order of your animations resolved the issue, so try rearranging them again to see if that helps.

It's also possible that there is a conflict between two animations that is causing the selection bug. In this case, you may need to review the animations and make sure they don't have conflicting properties or settings.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to reach out to the Animator's support team or community forums to see if others have experienced similar issues and have found a resolution.

Lastly, make sure you are using the latest version of the Animator, as updates can often fix bugs and improve functionality.
    [Best Regards]
    Olivia Devid

3. ElXill

ElXill

Hey,

Thanks for the answer!
    I am kind of annoyed that animations are not ordered the way I wanted, but in the end it doesn't matter I guess.
    Next time I get this issue I will try the solutions you proposed first to keep my order intact.