Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation.Rigging vs UnityChanSpringBone vs VRMSpringBone

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Thaina, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Thaina

Thaina

Are there anyone using these system? I wish to know is any of these system was being superior to each other

I have my asset utilize the very old version of UnityChanSpringBone and I felt like I would like to upgrade it to new version. But it seem like even the new version of UnityChanSpringBone package was also being very abandoned. It stuck as 1.2.1 preview and even roll back from 1.2.2 and stay at that last commit for 2 years

And so I now consider to change it to the new package altogether. But I don't know which of them would be better or more compatible with UnityChanSpringBone package. My other option now is Animation.Rigging package and VRMSpringBone system that was utilized in UniVRM

But there is also new animation system planned? And Animation.Rigging now kind of stale too as so it seem (Last update is around January)

And so I wish to know from the perspective of professional in animation field, which package would be the best solution for springbone and things related to physics/IK rigging in general?