Search Unity

Animation Rigging Scale Problem

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by atmuc, Sep 17, 2020.

1. atmuc

atmuc

I have a model that has a scale on the root bone. The root bone scale is 0.01, other bones have scale 1. I use Two Bone IK Constraint. I have a weird result. When I change Two Bone IK Constraint.weight, it look like IK solver effects shoulder bone more than other bones.

I am not sure if the scale causes this problem. What can cause that problem?

upload_2020-9-17_10-33-20.png
    upload_2020-9-17_10-41-23.png

Attached Files:

2. Jebtor

Jebtor

Unity Technologies

Hey, it is a bit hard to tell exactly what is going wrong without more information. Is the issue caused by scale? If you remove the scale before going in play mode and zoom way out do you still encounter the issue?
    If do still see the issue it is probably not scale related. Some other things to check; Are there any other constraints active on the model? Does the problem persist if you remove any keyframes on weight and se the weight to 1 before entering play mode?
    Lastly it would be good to know what version of Animation Rigging and Unity you are using.

3. atmuc

atmuc

Hey, I found the problem. Animator component cache or calculate some data when it is created. If I create it with a scaled rig and replace it with a nonscaled rig it works weird. After I replace rig I removed and readded Animator, It works fine now.

4. hadidez

hadidez

i have same problem , so what should i do ? need to change root scale from 0.001 to 1 ?

5. atmuc

atmuc

try to Reset the Animator using 3 dots top right.

upload_2022-2-5_15-20-44.png

hadidez likes this.
  6. hadidez

hadidez

i reset the animation but not solved.

7. hadidez

hadidez

check this gif please

Attached Files: