Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Animation Rigging Procedural Walk only updating frame by frame on disabling/enabling!

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by TyroByte, May 16, 2021.

1. TyroByte

TyroByte

Hey there,

I was trying out the Official Procedural Walk Animation Tutorial
    on a bipedal Siren-Head Character which uses a generic avatar.
    I tried it out and after so much testing I noticed that to see any effects, I have to turn on and off the root motion checkbox or the Animation Controller Checkbox to see any effect. On doing so, it updates the foot position.

Animator is set to always animate and has no clips, skinned mesh renderer has been set to update when offscreen and code is below. Any Help?

You can find the same post on reddit, as it has videos and pictures. Here's the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/ndp467/animation_rigging_procedural_walk_only_updating/

Thank you very much. I don't know if this is the right thread but if it is, bear with me.