Search Unity

Animation Rigging Package and Humanoid avatars

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mauro1965, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mauro1965

Mauro1965

I just started testing this new package. Quite amazing see the tutorial and theory but now if i use the animator with a humanoid avatar i have this warning on all bones i'm trying to control:

Binding Warning: Some Generic clips animate transforms that are already bounds by Humanoid Avatar.
    These trasforms can only be changed by Humanoid clips:
    Follows the transforms list.

I was supposing that this rigging level should override or mix all other ones.
    Must the avatar be generic? or what i missed?

Kwwa likes this.
  2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I think it's saying your anim clips need to be set to Humanoid.

3. Mauro1965

Mauro1965

Hello wetcircuit, no these warnings appears only if i assign a humanoid avatar in the animator.
    If I leave empty the avatar field in the animator, the rigging works but without the base animation below.
    All examples for these package doesn't have a humanoid avatars, even the njnja example i found at github.
    In all examples i found always the avatar field in the animator is empty.

4. bananaman1983

bananaman1983

Noticing the same problem here. Rig works perfectly fine until I assign a humanoid avatar and watch all the bones go flinging all the way. Don't see anything like that with a generic avatar. Conflict in IK perhaps?

5. Mauro1965

Mauro1965

Hello,
    I found the problem is inside the animator controller and/or avatar file. Using that file in presence of multiple animation layers all stop working correctly, but creating a new animator controller file , with about the same configuration now all started working well even in extremely complex configurations.
    I think there is a bug in the avatar & animator controller files that happens if you follow a particular "unknown" sequence.
    Try to recreate the avatar file with another name and a brand new animator controller file .. insert then all layers or parameters in various steps, checking the behaviours on every stage.

6. krystaljzy

krystaljzy

hi,i have the same problem when i use it with timeline. I'd like to know have you tried animation rig with timeline?
    Because when i use timeline i can't use the animator controller at the same time

7. Mauro1965

Mauro1965

Yes, I solved but i left the humanoid avatar. Using a generic avatar now all is under control.
    I spent some time converting all animations using the animation recoder , but now all strange behaviours are disappeared