Search Unity

Resolved Animation Rigging over the network

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by XeLLLeR, Jun 13, 2022.

1. XeLLLeR

XeLLLeR

So question is very simple, how to sync animation rigging over the network? I know that I must set animator triggers with rpc calls, but I can't handle animation rigging that way or I don't know something. Any suggestions?

2. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

hi, did you find any solution?

3. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi @XeLLLeR , what do you mean by sync animation rigging ? Are you already using the ClientNetworkAnimator script?

Code (CSharp):
    1. using Unity.Netcode.Components;
    2. public class ClientNetworkAnimator : NetworkAnimator
    3. {    
    4.      protected override bool OnIsServerAuthoritative()    
    5.      {        
    6.            return false; //allows the client to send animations data over the network    
    7.      }
    8. }

codeBatt likes this.
  4. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

You probably need to rebuild the Rig for all clients. I will try this solution and post the result here

5. liambilly

liambilly

i have the code
    rigbuilder.Build();
    the rigged anims still dont synch,
    i also have client networktransform components on the constrained and source objecs,still doesnt work
    anyone found a solution for this yet,

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  6. liambilly

liambilly

i found a solution, from an idea i got from code monkey, apart from attaching networktransform to the ik targets also you need to change the rig layer weights with a networkvariable

7. Traiforce

Traiforce

i still have some problems setting it up you around for a quick chat im lose to fixing it i just think im missing somthing

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  8. codeBatt

codeBatt

I still have the same issues. What should I do in the following video my character animations does not sync. I do animations on two animators, one of them is a rigcontroller and used animation rigging. Both of the objects have clientAnimatorTransform component. Should I add networkObject for all the bones?
    @RikuTheFuffs-U

9. liambilly

liambilly

subscribe to your networkvariable onvaluechanged, when u need to change the weights change its value instead then update the rig weights in the onvaluechanged delegate

codeBatt likes this.
  10. liambilly

liambilly

if you still experience this issue watch this video on how to solve the problem

The_ZayNepz_Guy and codeBatt like this.
  11. Davidaval8r

Davidaval8r

My solution: Only apply a client network transform to the source object. For me, it was the cinemachine virtual camera for example. Then, dont disable the camera for other players, but just set priority to 0 so you dont get their camera rendered but its still active so it can rotate.
    upload_2023-12-13_1-54-45.png upload_2023-12-13_1-56-40.png upload_2023-12-13_1-58-13.png

Attached Files:

12. liambilly

liambilly

you don need a network object n client network transform on the camera, just set it to player when the player spawns