Search Unity

Resolved Animation.Rigging isn't recognized

Discussion in 'Animation' started by SassyPantsy, Aug 14, 2022.

1. SassyPantsy

SassyPantsy

Hi, I've searched around the web for a solution and it seems to be a reoccurring thing.
    This is the error:
    The type or namespace name 'Rigging' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Animations'
    Now I've tried moving the contents of the package into my scripts folder, and into assets folder, which didn't help. Whenever I do so, either the same error pops up, or I'm getting an error stating I already have an assembly reference to that namespace (or something like that).
    At the end of the day, I'm trying to change constraint weights from scripts :/
    Any help?
    Version 2021.3.6f1

Thanks

2. SassyPantsy

SassyPantsy

Welp, as tradition goes - I fixed it myself after posting. Classic.
    Anyway, it turns out there are these things called Assemblies, which is basically the way .NET framework associates classes and namespaces with one another.
    The normal assembly you'd want to have should be associated with a file called Assebly-CSharp.dll. It can be seen when looking at a script in the inspector (I've attached a link to a picture of where exactly).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mucTgZhk2djnvlQ3M1QByorw4GfzS09m/view?usp=sharing

There was a .dll file from a package I downloaded inside my scripts folder, which made every script in there to have it's dll set to that .dll, so basically I couldn't see any resource that was sitting outside of the scripts folder, except for some specific bunch.
    I extracted said dll to it's own folder, along with it's corresponding scripts, and voila - I got my Assembly-CSharp.dll thing going on, and I can access othe scripts.

Fun isn't it?

tmouyebe likes this.