Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Animation Rigging interface

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by sinjinn, Sep 4, 2020.

1. sinjinn

sinjinn

Great tool. Really enjoying the results. It does occur to me that I'm switching objects a lot to see different components. It's kind of messing up the flow to have to search the hierarchy constantly.

I tried clicking on "properties" of each component like "right arm IK" so theyr'e all laid out, but they disappear when I click play. They take up too much screen space that way anyway, so not optimal.

There must be some better interface the team are planning to implement. It seems to be functional but not easy to work with.

I'm trying to imagine what I would want. I really wouldn't want to do this in the hierarchy. It becomes like swtching attention constantly from 3D view to searching Hierarchy to 3D view to searching hierarchy.

If I could modify the rig weight in the 3d view, with a little gizmo, it would significantly improve the work flow.

Maybe there's a trick I'm missing.

Edit: Else, I would like to click on the Target and have it's parent constraint rig weight become visible in the inspector aswell. It seems like a much easier way to get to the rig weight that way, rather than search hierarchy for correct constraint, click, then slide.

The hint and Target are easy to work with, but modifying the rig weight is not.

Thanks.

Edit 2:

I have fixed it by putting the constraint on the target. I dont know if this might have adverse effects, but it seems to be fine.

I wish the "auto setup from tip" would do it this way. It's changed my life.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020