Search Unity

Animation Rigging Humanoid 2boneIK target offset problem

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by Kwwa, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Kwwa

Kwwa

Hi, I hope everyone is healthy and safe. I was about to post about this the other day...

Animation Rigging version: 0.3.3
    Unity version: 2020.1.0b2

When using humanoid avatars, the target GameObject has an offset introduced after play mode has begun in the editor.

Before playmode, on editor.

On playmode, editor.

Also the character wont bend the arm to reach the positions as required, even when moving heavily the hint and target.

On a last note, when selecting the gameobject containing the animator, the arm without IK has these indicators:

Which probably mean that is a rig error. In the avatar configuration menu I have forced T-Pose, because the T-pose exported from Mixamo was not detected as such by Unity. I Have tried the same model with a Generic avatar and has no problems. There is no animation being applied except for the one inside the model itself.

This problem was present when I started the project on 2019.3, with the 0.2.6 version of Animation Rigging

I'm also using the Synty studio's 3d model for autorigging with Mixamo, from this tutorial:

I hope that's enough information.

Thanks for your time! Stay Home!

2. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This looks similar to a bug that was reported to us not so long ago:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-on-a-specific-rig-when-rig-builder-is-active

We're seeing retargeting issues with some humanoid configurations. Whenever a humanoid character is affected by a constraint (or any Animation C# Job for that matter), it needs to convert the humanoid data back to transform data, execute animation rigging constraints, and then reconvert back to humanoid space. The offset you're seeing is likely coming from either of these space conversions.

If possible, can you submit a bug report in Unity's bug reporter? This will help us narrow down the issue.

Kwwa likes this.
  3. Autonomous_Zone

Autonomous_Zone

I'm also experiencing this issue on 19.4.1f1

Like Kwwa I'm using Synty characters and Mixamo animations. His documentation of the problem matches what I'm seeing.

If I set my model rig to generic the IK works as advertised but all the Mixamo animations break.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  4. Autonomous_Zone

Autonomous_Zone

mjnf likes this.
  5. Ducat

Ducat

Same issue here. 2020.2.2.f1
    Also we have slight offset with Generic rig to

6. Huxii

Huxii

I have the same problem with my own model & own animation.
    In T-pose it looks good. But when pressing "Record" in the animation window, the IK's are getting an offset and also rotate weirdly. Don't know what to do with it.
    upload_2021-2-13_17-49-50.png