Search Unity

[ANIMATION RIGGING Help] Model following cursor movements realistically

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NunoDinisSantos, Jul 19, 2021.

1. NunoDinisSantos

NunoDinisSantos

Hello! I hope you're all doing well !

I've a problem regarding the Animation Rigging package and I'm kinda getting scarce on ideas on how to solve this.

I would like that a humanoid 3D model that I downloaded to follow my cursor in a realistic manner. I kinda managed to make it work...Kinda. The realistic part is missing ! :D

The main problem is the mesh deformation! I'm putting some images and some comments on what I'm facing. If anyone knows a workaround for this or something worth looking into, I'd be very grateful.

About the method used: I've added a Two-Bone Contraint to the left arm as well as a Multi-Aim to the hand to point forward (if I didn't do this, her hand would be all messed up). The target arm is moving by receiving the 2D coordinates of the mouse with a Z coordinate as a constant (a little bit forward). I have the hint behind the elbow.

Some problems I'm now facing:--------------------------------------------------------------

- The path I take while moving the arm A to B. If I lift it from the right side, it behaves quite good. However.. If I lift it from the middle or left side, it messes all up (shown in figure right side).

- If I try to stretch the arm to much to the oppposite direction, it messes up as well (left side).

- Maybe related to the previous, the arm in some movements goes inside the head and other body parts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure this can maaaaybe be solved by adding more constraints (Twist correction ?) or even hardcoding constraints... Not sure.

If anyone worked with this before that could guide me in the right direction I would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files: