Search Unity

Animation Rigging ChainIK's Weight doesn't behave like 0.5

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by jooij, May 1, 2020.

1. jooij

jooij

My Environment
    Unity2019.3.10f1 + AnimationRigging0.2.6

I played around with the ChainIK scene in the Animation Rigging Constraint Samples.

I set the weight of the Rig to 0.5, but it behaved the same as when the weight = 1.
    I set the Weight of ChainIK to 0.5, and this behavior is the same as Weight=1.
    I'm thinking that when Weight=0.5, it will be an animation between Weight=0 and Weight=1, but is this a wrong understanding?

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. btsn

btsn

Same problem on Unity2020.1.0b12.3931 and AnimationRigging0.3.3

ChainIK Rig weight seems to be binary.

3. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply!

Indeed, we've stumbled on that as well and this will be fixed in an upcoming version. In the meantime, if you want to create your own version of the ChainIK constraint (you can copy files ChainIKConstraint.cs and ChainIKConstraintJob.cs), you can modify the following lines in ChainIKConstraintJob.cs to make it work.

Code (CSharp):
    1. @@ -46,7 +46,8 @@ namespace UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging
    2.                     {
    3.                         var prevDir = chain[i + 1].GetPosition(stream) - chain[i].GetPosition(stream);
    4.                         var newDir = linkPositions[i + 1] - linkPositions[i];
    5. -                        chain[i].SetRotation(stream, QuaternionExt.FromToRotation(prevDir, newDir) * chain[i].GetRotation(stream));
    6. +                        var rot = chain[i].GetRotation(stream);
    7. +                        chain[i].SetRotation(stream, Quaternion.Lerp(rot, QuaternionExt.FromToRotation(prevDir, newDir) * rot, chainRWeight));
    8.                     }
    9.                 }

Jebtor likes this.
  4. jooij

jooij

thank for your information.
    wating for next version.