Search Unity

Bug Animation rigging broken in 2022.2 and above

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by DenizCetinalp, Aug 7, 2022.

1. DenizCetinalp

DenizCetinalp

The rig builder component breaks the character's animations. This is a very simple scene, with a single 2D blend tree in the animation controller.

This thread looks like the same exact issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rig-builder-destorys-humanoid-rig-animation.1290008/

I try to stay up to date with the latest alpha/beta releases, so I first noticed this in 2022.2.0a13. I am currently stuck on 2022.2.0a10, the last working version I know of. Just today I tried 2023.1.0a4, but no success.

My guess is it's something outside of the animation rigging package, because I am using animation rigging v1.2.0 (the latest version) in 2022.2.0a10 no problem.

The thread I linked to above mentions bug IN-4468 was opened up, but I can't find any details.

2. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

The issue is still being processed by our QA team. I'll share the link to the issue tracker when it becomes available.

DenizCetinalp likes this.
  3. thomasdekker_unity

thomasdekker_unity

The issue seems only there while blending. If the blend tree is at min or max, it animates fine.
    If I put the blend setting in the middle and toggle the Rig Builder on/off, my character pops up and down through the floor. You can turn off Apply Root Motion and it still happens. (using 2022.2.0b3)

4. DenizCetinalp

DenizCetinalp

Yes, I am observing the same thing too.

5. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies