Search Unity

Bug Animation Rigging breaks when I use an additional layer

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by Yanomry, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Yanomry

Yanomry

I have tried literally every combination of things I can think of to get this to work. toggled on, swapped every conceivable option and no matter what I do every single time I try to add a layer to my animator the character crumples up into a ball. doesn't matter if the animation is empty or if it has a animation in it the same behaviour happens either way. Here is a list of what I have tried.

Override - failed.
    Additive - failed,
    Ik pass - both options failed,
    sync - all options failed,
    weight - all settings failed.
    humanoid, failed.
    generic, failed,
    legacy, failed.

Scale is set to default (1,1,1)
    model not scaled in any way.

This problem has been plaguing my project for weeks and I can't seem to find a single instance of anyone having the same issue. I've spent hours searching through documentation, tutorials, videos. You name it I've tried it. I've even seen others use them with success but have never be able to get them to work.

The main thing is this character is entirely, and i do mean ENTIRELY animated in engine. There are no keyframes or animations coming in with the fbx on the rigged character. and it works wonderfully until i try to add layers and then it just implodes.

Also another interesting thing of note is that it breaks the character even if there are no states in the new layer.

There are no error reports either so it's not a problem there.

Attached Files:

2. ik_unity180

ik_unity180

Did @Yanomry solve this problem? I have a similar problem too. I have several layers with animations and when I change one of the animations, in any layer, the animations from other layers that are currently playing - break.

3. ik_unity180

ik_unity180

I managed to solve this problem: you need to change not the animations in the AnimatorOverrideController, but change AnimatorOverrideController completely! This allows you to get rid of artifacts related to breaking animations