Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Animation refusing to change position.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by QueenRosa, Jan 5, 2024.

1. QueenRosa

QueenRosa

1. i am having an issue as i am working with multiple body partsEach ear part animation has its own rotation & position it should adhere toat runtime, it ignores these instructions to change position within the animationIf it helps, this is the animation in question for the ear

example of issue: https://files.fm/u/hzsjxv82a8

why is this?
      basically, it can only hold ONE position at onetime unless i switch off the animator, change it, then re-enable animator
      there's nothing in the code that could be holding it in place
      and i can't move the ears around unless i shut off the animator (because its position is locked and constantly playing the animation I want it to), but the position is entirely dependent on what its position was BEFORE the animator was turned on.. hence why in the video the downwards animation for the ear is lined up perfectly while the upwards animation is completely off center
      But, if I shut off the animator, then play the animation manually, it will go to the correct position
      Idk what I'm doing wrong here

edit: apply root motion is enabled btw, but no change

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024