Search Unity

Animation Priority

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MasterReeses, Apr 20, 2021.

1. MasterReeses

MasterReeses

I am trying to set my animations so that when I have landed on the ground it plays a landing animation. That worked well, but now I need it to transition into other animations. At the moment, it can easily transition into running after the landing animation, but the part I am having trouble with is reinitiating the jump animation just after landing. It always seems to prioritize the running animation over the jump animation so that it does the running animation instead of the jump one. Any Tips? animation.PNG

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

You might have the interrupt settings in the transitions to Run set to not allow the interruption.

But my real tip is to check out Animancer (link in my signature). It lets you avoid Animator Controllers and control everything in scripts so if you ever run into a problem like this you can simply debug your own code to figure out why you're telling it to play the wrong animation instead of looking at an Animator Controller and scratching your head wondering what it's doing internally or changing random settings until something seems to work.