Search Unity

Animation playing in Unity play mode but not in the web player [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Animation' started by WeHeartGames, Jul 30, 2014.

1. WeHeartGames

WeHeartGames

I have an animation that is firing when I preview the game inside Unity, but it does not fire when playing the game in the web player.

Play the game in the web player.

When the player character passes another person, his right arm goes up into a high-five. In the web player, it doesn't happen. Are there Mechanim limitations for the web player? Disclaimer: I am a very new developer, and new to programming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here's the source:

Project source code on github.

2. Aglbert

Aglbert

The high-five animation is in another layer? Beacause Im experimenting a problem similar.. From a forum (anyone has answered me):

"People I have a problem. In my game the main character (3d) is animated in two layer (referring to the animator layer), the base layer work for the walk, idle and jump states/animation, and the second one for the attack animation.

The problem is when I build the project for the webplayer, the attacks animations never are played (or not correctly, visually nothing happens). In the PC build all is correct..

I try changing the "Blend Weights" in the QualitySettings"

:/

3. Aglbert

Aglbert

I solve my problem, Just updating my Unity. Because my Unity no matter what is ALWAYS up to date jajajaja

4. WeHeartGames

WeHeartGames

Yep, updating Unity fixed it! Yay! Thanks. :)