Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation-Play Automatically button

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Andexx, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Andexx

Andexx

Hi all!
    Where is the "Play Automatically" button to enable/disable it, in Unity 3D version 4.3.1 f1? :confused:
    I made an animation but I need to disable Play Automatically mode...
    In my Unity, after I made the animation I have this: $Untitled.png instead of $Untitled2.png

Plese help me!
    Thanks...!!! ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Your image upload didn't work. We can't see files on your desktop. :)

Did you import your model as Legacy? If so, the object should have an Animation component. The Play Automatically checkbox is on this component.

If you imported as Humanoid or Generic, then you're using Mecanim. Your object will have an Animator component that uses an Animator Controller. Find the Animator Controller and change the state machine so it uses a state without an animation clip. For example, in the state machine below, the default state is Idle. You could right click, create a new empty state, right click on that state, and select Set as Default.

3. Andexx

Andexx

I put images!:D:D:D

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Okay, so you've imported Mace as a Mecanim rig. It uses an Animator Controller named "Mace". Double-click on the Mace animator controller and change the default (starting) state in the Animator window.

5. Andexx

Andexx

6. Stefan Alexander

Stefan Alexander

You have to use an "Animation" component, not an "Animator" one. (You can assign this by clicking on "Add Component", "Miscellaneous" and "Animation." This will contain the "Play Automatically" button you were looking for.