Search Unity

Animation Override track greyed out.

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by wiredfly, Dec 4, 2019.

1. wiredfly

wiredfly

When using Timeline v. 1.2.6 together with Unity 2019.3.0f1 the record-button on the animation override tracks is greyed out.

upload_2019-12-4_9-33-33.png

Is this expected behaviour or is there a way to enable it again? ´
    We have used this feature a lot when setting up cutscenes, so we would be sad to see it go.

Thanks in advance! :)

Attached Files:

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

This is a bug, and a fix will be available in 1.2.8

wiredfly likes this.
  3. wiredfly

wiredfly

Okay, good to hear that you're aware of it! Any estimate on when that version will be out?

4. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

We'll try to publish a new version soon that will contain the fix for this, hopefully next week. This is a big issue IMO so I'm working to get a new version out asap.

themeshpotato likes this.
  5. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

Timeline version 1.2.9 has been pushed to production. It contains the fix for the Override track record button. Thanks for your patience.

6. airop

airop

its still greyed out in the latest version. i went back to 2018 since it just does not work in 2019.

7. MarcoKaraki

MarcoKaraki

If a project version is updated, is this still an issue? My project that I have worked on for the past year or so has gone through a few Unity updates, and I also have this problem. (Unity version 2019.4.3f1)

8. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Which version of timeline is that occurring on? (Use the package manager to verify). And does updating to the latest 1.2.x version of timeline fix it?

We fixed an issue in 1.2.9, but there may be something else going on we aren't aware of. I haven't come across this at all recently.

MarcoKaraki likes this.
  9. MarcoKaraki

MarcoKaraki

Oh, it never occurred to me that the Unity's Timeline had to be updated. Just updated it from the package manager and all is good