Search Unity

Animation options and Material options in Import Settings doesn't show

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rockyboar, Feb 5, 2020.

1. rockyboar

rockyboar

I recently upgrade to 2019.3.0f6 from 2019.2.18f1 and started having problem when I import FBX files. Whenever I import, I don't get any options in Animation tab (aside from 2 checkboxes) and the Materials tab. I thought intially the FBX was the culprit so I tried changing some settings during importing, but nothing helped.

Now out of ideas, I tried adding the same FBX on another project using the older Unity version (2019.2.18f1) and it shows all the missing options. So it only happens when I import an FBX in 2019.3.0f6. Even my old FBXs which are currently being used in the project, when I try to reimport them, the same options are missing. Here is a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

You can see the model has animations but the options are not showing. I don't have a screenshot right now but the Materials tab is completely empty. I earlier decided to downgrade but for some reason, my reference to Cinemachine aren't working anymore after downgrading and I'd have to replace all vcams in the project. I chose to ask first as I'd prefer to make it work in the new interface instead of downgrading and then doing a lot of cleanup.

temcai, SgerbwdGwyn and SimonOStation like this.
  2. SimonOStation

SimonOStation

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have also tested taking an animation file that previously had all the animation import settings showing up in the inspector and deleting its .meta-file (forcing a reimport). That resulted in the same issue of not having the import settings show up in the inspector.

Found the bug reported in the Issue Tracker:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...with-multiple-clips-and-opening-animation-tab

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    rockyboar likes this.
  3. rockyboar

rockyboar

Current work around I've got is editing the FBX in an older version (from what I can tell, there needs to be at least 1 edit like changing loop time from one of the animations, etc.) of Unity and then after I edited and apply the changes, copying the FBX and meta file to my 2019.3 project. After doing that, the options shows.

SimonOStation likes this.
  4. SimonOStation

SimonOStation

As of 2019.3.3f1 this is still an issue. Amazing.

5. Deridealized

Deridealized

Glad I'm not the only one with this. What's the deal, if we need to animate we can't unless we use an older version of Unity?

6. wallmasterr

wallmasterr

Did this ever get fixed?
    Is it an old blender fbx issue or all fbxes?