Search Unity

ANIMATION-NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Discussion in 'Animation' started by rameshmadara, Nov 5, 2020.

1. rameshmadara

rameshmadara

I've been trying to get this tank shape to rotate continuously using Animation. Every time I go into the Record Mode I get "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
    HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS?

Attached Files:

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

If you refresh the Editor layout, it will get rid of this issue (Window - Layouts).
    If you can give us exact repro steps for this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards

3. rameshmadara

rameshmadara

Create a 3D Cube object.
    While selecting it Window -> Animation -> 'Created an animation folder and saved the animation files in it'
    Then, every time I hit the Record Button, this error pops up.

4. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

What are you recording? The animation? A video of the animated scene?
    I couldn't reproduce the issue with the steps you mentioned. The Window - Animation menu doesn't have the option you mention.
    I'm assuming you're in 2019.4. Please confirm that and give us more details (including a list of packages you are using - see manifest.json) so we can help.

upload_2020-11-6_16-13-54.png

5. gamdevlooper

gamdevlooper

I am facing the same problem. I just am recording a ui element spinning using animation, but it is not working. I even reverted the settings too. please help if any solution is found

6. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Please send screenshots of your Recorder Window OR Recorder Clip inspector (on timelines) so we can see how you configured your Recorders.

rameshmadara likes this.