Search Unity

Animation not removing transform

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mikemuk01, Jun 12, 2018.

1. mikemuk01

mikemuk01

As my player approaches a flight of steps he triggers an animation that causes the steps to slide down below the ground, so that he cannot get up to the next floor. Unfortunately if he continues to move forward he rises up to the next floor through thin air, as if the steps were still there. Has something in the transform of the steps been left behind? How can I cure this?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Check if the animation has root motion or not, if it is applied in Unity, and if the character is being additionally controlled via transform/code.

Add info on the character setup and each animation/root motion or not.

3. mikemuk01

mikemuk01

The animation does not have root motion applied. Checking it made no difference. The player is a first person prefab created in Adventure Creator. I am grateful for your help, but it would be nice if you took into account the fact that some of us - me, are struggling to learn to use Unity and may not be familiar with all the terms used.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Well --- if there is a term you don't understand - it's your task to look it up and learn. Struggling is part of the job, welcome to game creation. I understand the feeling, but that has nothing to do with attempting to help.

Which term are you having difficulty understanding?

Are you driving your character via code or using a mecanim state machine?

It sounds like the character is triggering the 'trigger' regardless if he moves up the stairs or not. Can you perform a debug.log to check if the trigger gets 'triggered' when the character approaches the stairs but does not go up them?