Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation moving with Apply Root Motion OFF

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Eldarado123, May 22, 2022.

1. Eldarado123

Eldarado123

I'm trying to make a little game using this free asset called ToonyTurtle. After testing its animations with Apply Root Motion ON I noticed the turtle would just constantly float upwards (+Y value), so I turned that off which I normally do anyway. That fixed the floating up issue, but then I realized that the turtle actually moves a bit forward in its walk animation without the GameObject actually moving. This causes the animation loop to look strange. Here is a little video of what I mean:

How would one go about fixing this? Would I have to edit the animation itself?

2. Eldarado123

Eldarado123