Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation looking different in-engine vs Blender

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ncnkalinovskij, Nov 28, 2023.

1. ncnkalinovskij

ncnkalinovskij

Hello,
    I've encountered an issue with importing animations from Blender. Basically there's a Humanoid-defined character with extra animated hair bones set up via masks. There's a hair collision test mesh which follows the hair bone grid (displayed for debugging purposes), and as seen in the screenshot the collision mesh clips through the character's chest in the engine, but not in Blender. To make sure there's nothing wrong with the animation data in the .fbx files themselves, I've imported them back to Blender and there was no clipping (don't mind the broken twist bones, though). Animation compression in Unity is disabled on the .fbx file as well, and I'm at a loss as to what else should be double-checked on Unity side, and any help would be appreciated.

[upd]
    To further ensure there's no issue on Blender's part, I've attempted to export the problematic mesh and animation to .glb, and imported those into the project via UniVRM plugin, which also worked as intended. I think there's something about the way Unity handles transformations in .fbx files that makes the animations lose precision, or something.
    1.PNG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023