Search Unity

Animation legs (Mecanim) + Movement arms (Kinect)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Ferox, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Ferox

Ferox

Hi guys,I'm working in a project where I have to controll the movement of the legs and of the avatar with a joystick, and i want to use Mecanim for the animations. And to move the arms, hands, etc i have to use kinect.

So my question is, how i can specify to the Animator that i want only the animations of legs and feet. I saw there is something similar with Masks, but are when i work with 2 layers. In this case i use only one layer to control legs, and then with a script i control arms and hands with kinect.

Someone can help me?

thankssss

2. Ferox

Ferox

None can help me????

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Try configuring your avatar so that only the lower body bones are assigned. I haven't tested it exactly in your case, but I do a similar thing for my lip sync. By default, the jaw bone gets assigned to the avatar. I set the avatar's jaw to none so my facial animation system can control the jaw bone.

4. Dicsolovag

Dicsolovag

I managed to create a scene like you want.
    I describe the process for you, or anyone who will face this problem in the future.

I get a rigged character and set rig to "Humanoid".
    After that i added the free "raw mocap package" from the store. And installed the kinect package too.

I had to create a new animation controller. It has one base layer and i put the needed animation on it and made it loop.
    After this just simply add a "animator" to the character, and set the created animation controller.

This is how you can create a animation.
    For the kinect control there is an example in the package.

If you want to move the upper body with kinect and animate the legs, you have to add a kinect character controller v2 to the character and a animator too.

Place the kinect character controller v2 on top the animator. The order matters! Set the kinect character controllers "mask" field to "Upper_body" and check the animated checkbox.

You can have further settings on the animation with more detailed animation controller or skeleton masks.

I hope it helps.

Tom

5. Gazowen

Gazowen

Where is the mask option? Is it from an old asset. I can't see it?

6. Gazowen

Gazowen

I found it but have never managed to get the Kinect wrapper working, I always have a error.

7. Gazowen

Gazowen

Hi I have looked at the model controller and wondered exactly how it worked? What are the numbers?

None = 0x0,
    Hip_Center = 0x1,
    Spine = 0x2,
    Shoulder_Center = 0x4,
    Head = 0x8,

Im trying to recreate this but I am not using the assets, as I am already using a different assets. How would i recreate this in my own script? I'm not sure what the numbers represent.
    thanks

8. Baldolin

Baldolin

Which Kinect package are you guys using? I don't see the mask option in mine?