Search Unity

Animation (Legacy / Generic / Humanoid)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Napivo, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Napivo

Napivo

Well I am very new to Unity (Less than 5 days)

I tried to import a basic animation from Blender and at last managed to get a basic block move front to back using Legacy Animation import, Wohoo :)

So now my question is. why use legacy? I want to learn the new ways to import animations as I am new, I think I am better of putting my time in these. I suspect they are more powerful.

I can't find ant information about these.

Can anyone send me in the right direction?

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

3. Napivo

Napivo

Thank you

I am already sorry I asked :) (I still don't know where half the windows are or what they are used for)

Doesn't matter. I guess I'll be writing first a 2d version of Tetris and later a 3d version to get started. as proposed by Creation your first game Extra Credits."

It would take me a week in c#/XNA for the 2D and a month for the 3D. So I look at these as finger practice.

I think unity will become my favorite environment for programming games but I have a lot to learn.

Prepare for lots of posts :)

4. jonkuze

jonkuze

I actually have a question for Unity, when is Legacy Animation going to be Phased out? I think it will still remain in Unity 5 I take it as I didn't see any such announcement. I'm curious how long Unity will allow Legacy Animation System to stick around. I personally would prefer if it never is removed as I prefer it over Mecanim, mostly yes because it just works for my needs and I have no real need to move to Mecanim. So anyway back to the Question, when will Unity Phase out Legacy or will it remain apart of Unity forever?