Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation layer syncing and using override animator controllers not working.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by GloriaVictis, Jun 21, 2017.

1. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Hello,

When I am trying to use layer syncing and than override animator controller the synced layer have all animations nulled.

I found this topic:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/solved-mechanim-animatoroverridecontroller-layer-access.431382/

But as we have lots (200+) animations I would need to set by hand it would be both really hard to maintain and also would be really bad performance wise as they switch everytime someone is spawning/changing weapon. As our game is MMO it happens alot.

I would like to ask if there's a solution to attach those animations automaticly using override animator controller.

At this moment I am copying layer from one to another but transitions going from Any State cannot be copied.

Halp!

2. LightStriker

LightStriker

3. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Thats what I am actually doing but when I get a Synced layer its not being overwritten by AnimatorOverrideController. I believe its just a lack of feature probably.

4. LightStriker

LightStriker

I just tried, and yes, the OverrideController doesn't even display the animation in a synced layer.

You should probably file a bug.

On the other hand, I believe you don't need a sync layer for what you're doing.

5. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

Filled a bug, thanks.

We need to do this, we are using the copy of layer to play additive topbody of player while he's in battle stance. Don't want to speak of details atm. but we need to do this to make it look good.

6. unity_XM8DzTyxJWfOJA

unity_XM8DzTyxJWfOJA

Any solutions found?

7. GloriaVictis

GloriaVictis

No, sadly not.