Search Unity

Animation Inheritance Issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by snoodleking, Jul 21, 2013.

1. snoodleking

snoodleking

So I'm working on a project in which multiple objects, with their own animations and rigs, are being parented to each other (in runtime) and moving as one. Sorta like the Megazord from the Power Rangers. Ok maybe not... but you get the idea...

The problem I'm running into is this: Everything works, but I'm getting this error constantly:

$errorMessage.jpg

From what I understand, and after doing quite a few tests, I've narrowed down the issue to being the third level of inheritance. The hierarchy looks like this:

-Legs (1)
    -Body (2)​
    - Arms (3)​
    - Head (3)​

When the arms and head are attached to ONLY the body, I don't get any errors. When the Legs are added in, things get nuts.

Has anyone run into this sort of issue and resolved it? Does anyone know if Unity supports this sort of animation inheritance ? I mean technically it WORKS, just the error messages are overwhelming.

Is this going to be a problem further down the road, when I have 6+ of these "megazords" on screen at once?

Is there any sort of documentation about this?

Any help would be appreciated, even a nudge in the right direction! Thanks in advance!