Search Unity

Animation in Unity for mecanim... help!

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ruinfix, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ruinfix

ruinfix

Hey guys so after getting frustrated trying to make my own animations in unity for mecanim I looked around and realised you can't so now I been trying to make them with blender but it's really difficult. Is there a better program to use for making these things that's free or cheap (less than $50) cause this is going to drive me nuts.

2. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

What kind of animations are you trying to make? Are they for Bipeds or Quadrupeds and Non-Standard game objects?

3. jRocket

jRocket

Yes, animation is not easy, no matter what software you are using. There's a lot of pre-made animations on the asset store if that helps.

4. ruinfix

ruinfix

Jax_Cavalera: yes it is for humans (bipeds)..

jRocket: thanks for the heads up

5. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Well like Rocket says, there are a lot of good quality animations floating around on the Asset Store and they are pretty cheap if not free in some cases. If you want to make some unique animations for Humanoids (human - bipeds) then you could check out this animation Kit I've put together : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/203298-Mecanim-Humanoid-Animation-Kit

6. ruinfix

ruinfix

Jax, thanks ... we found some good animation for basic motion on the assets store, which was great... but we've had a little trouble with the more specific animations .. so we'll check out the animation kit you linked and see how it is

7. Pirs01

Pirs01

I'm new to animations also. From what I learned so far MotionBuilder is the software to use. Also instead of spending hours doing the fake looking human animations I use some motion capture data instead. There's plenty of it to be found around the web like here: http://www.motioncapturedata.com/
    After you find the right recording you only have to adjust and loop it.