Search Unity

Animation in Unity different of Maya

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Rodolfo-Rubens, May 24, 2014.

1. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

As the title says... look:
    $maya.gif

On maya he bounces and jumps and make all that pose to run, but in Unity preview you can clearly see that he doesn't make this since the pelvis is static:

$unity.gif

The editor is warning that the Chest joint has translation keys on the animation above but it doesn't, what should I do?

edit: different from* (my English and I)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. TheCCJ

TheCCJ

All the warning is telling you is that those translation keys aren't expressly supported, but it's just a warning, not an error.

Also, if you look at the scene in unity, you'll notice that the ground plane is moving up and down. The camera in unity locks onto the root node (in this case the pelvis, and everything moves relative to that locked point, so while you're seeing the pelvis being locked in place, the ground plane moving up and down relative to the pelvis means that it likely is actually moving in space -- the camera is just using that node as its reference point, so it appears to be stationary.

Have you put this into an actual playable scene to see if it is actually working or not. I would go ahead and do that to be sure.

Also, make sure that in the animation panel, the "root transform position" in y is set to be 'original', so that you're forcing unity to take into account what you animated, rather than trying to do anything else with it.

3. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Hey TheCCJ! Thanks for replying me!

So, in the end the reason is that I was using a different avatar for the file that contains the animation, when I switched to "Create from this model" everything was fixed. And, yes every root attribute was set to original even with these the animation still had the pelvis static, and.. yes, even on the scene, I don't know why but seems like using a avatar from another model (identical models, I'm spliting the animations into *@animationname.fbx files) messed everything, maybe I modified something on the skeleton on the file that contains the animation and it may caused this issue but, everything looks fine now!

Again, thanks for replying me!