Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation in timeline won't play in build

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by huzhangyang, Dec 31, 2019.

1. huzhangyang

huzhangyang

I'm not sure what might be the cause of this issue, if it is because of Unity version, animation system, timeline system or addressable.

So I have a timeline contains only an animation clip (character attack animation), and it worked as a charm in editor, but in build the animation won't play. The playable asset is loaded by addressable asset system. I checked the following things:

1. The animation clip and the playable asset is loaded into memory, according to profiler.
    2. The signal on playable is fired and received correctly so the game can proceed but only the animation was somehow skipped.
    3. I tried different timeline package version and addressable package version but no luck.

Build is on Windows X64, Mono backend.
    Unity 2019.3.0f3, f4
    Timeline Package 1.2.6~1.2.9
    Addressable Package 1.3.8~1.5.0

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If the same assets/code work in the editor but stop working in a build, then your probably found a bug.

If you're able to reproduce the issue, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.