Search Unity

animation import clips - wrong frames in preview?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by fildax, Aug 19, 2019.

1. fildax

fildax

Im importing FBX with all trhe facial animations. I know every line start and end frame. I put each lines start and end frame manually in animation import window - but animation preview shows diferent frames for each clip? At the beggining ( around frame 6000 ) its offseted by around 8 frames. and it is getting worse ( frame 30000 offseted by 30 frames )

using unity LTS

Anybody got idea why is this happening and how to solve it?

thanks in advance

animoffset.jpg

2. enblomquist

enblomquist

This is odd, but not totally surprising. I cant imagine Unity liking a file have 30k frames of animation data. I don't know specifically but the way Unity looks at frames is a bit different than it does in Max / Blender / Maya etc.

What issue does this actually cause for you?

3. fildax

fildax

I need voiceover to fit to facial animations tracked from facial mocap ( tracked from long videofile, split in unity to separate animations which I play to audio files recorded on another device )

it actually really is odd, I tested it and even though it shows wrong frame numbers, when I put it together in timeline it seems to fit - based on framenumbers in preview it should be ~ 1 second off, but seems to fit just fine? ( lips to audio ) Perhaps it shows wrong framenumbers just in preview? Also the animation is not yet cleaned and is pretty rough.

will keep working with that and test some more.