Search Unity

Question Animation icons in the timeline

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Varlynstroud, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Varlynstroud

Varlynstroud

Apologies for the noob question-

I purchased some low poly character models which come with their own animations. Unfortunately, when I tried to modify them I came across an unfamiliar icon/properties appearing in the animation timeline.

upload_2021-10-12_10-54-45.png
    Normally I animate by just selecting parts of the rig in the hierarchy - but these new "animator properties" like "Head Nod Down-up" seem to come out of nowhere - I don't know what these are, and more importantly I don't know how to custom animate these models anymore - as these weird "animator" properties are overwriting anything else I try to do (if I add properties from the rig hierarchy they just get overwritten).

So my questions (and thanks in advance):
    • What are these weird animator properties on the left?
    • How do I override/convert them so I'm animating like on the right?
    Thanks,
    Rick

2. qingyu527

qingyu527

Hi~ The left Side is muscle clip settings which will appear when your character is in Humanoid mode, if you change your character fbx import setting to Generic mode you will get the right side properties, some tips~ the muscle properties are linked to the avatar setting ->(Muscles & Settings) panel :D

3. Varlynstroud

Varlynstroud

Thank you so much for this!

So if your character is brought in using "Humanoid" mode, how do you go about doing timeline/animation view animations via unity? It doesn't seem to allow for that. Is Humanoid mode only for animations that can't be edited once they're in Unity?

4. qingyu527

qingyu527

your question is to change the muscle clip in Unity Animation window? yeah...i don't find a way to modify this too...