Search Unity

Animation Helper

Discussion in 'Animation' started by yeagob, Mar 8, 2015.

1. yeagob

yeagob

Hi!

Im watching the Animation Asset Api tutorial, from Unity5 tutorials, where explain how to make a Animator Controler automaticly with the Animation Helper. But in the Window menu of Unity 5 it doesn't exist. There is no Animation Helper nowhere.

Somebody knows where it is?

2. mgear

mgear

You have to create that "AnimationHelper.cs" editor script first, into Editor folder,
    then it should appear to that menu given in the MenuItem line of that script

3. Humphling

Humphling

Complete beginner here:
    what script is needed to be in that file and where does it need to go

4. mgear

mgear

In the Project panel: Create new folder called Editor/
    In the Project panel:Create new C# script, name it "AnimationHelper" and move it into that Editor/ folder
    Copy (write) the code from the video into that "AnimationHelper" script
    Then it should work as shown in the video

5. Humphling

Humphling

Thanks
    I got it working now :)

6. Humphling

Humphling

#if UNITY_EDITOR using UnityEditor; using UnityEditor.Animations; using UnityEngine; public class AnimationHelper : EditorWindow { public GameObject target; public AnimationClip idleAnim; public AnimationClip walkAnim; public AnimationClip runAnim; [MenuItem ("Window/Animator Helper")] static void OpenWindow () { //Get existing open window or if none, make a new one: GetWindow<AnimationHelper>(); } void OnGUI() { target = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Target Object", target, typeof(GameObject), true) as GameObject; idleAnim = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Idle", idleAnim, typeof(AnimationClip), false) as AnimationClip; walkAnim = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Walk", walkAnim, typeof(AnimationClip), false) as AnimationClip; runAnim = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Run", idleAnim, typeof(AnimationClip), false) as AnimationClip; if (GUILayout.Button("Create")) { if (target == null) { Debug.LogError ("No target for animator controller set."); return; } Create(); } } void Create () { AnimatorController controller = AnimatorController.CreateAnimatorControllerAtPath("Assets/" + target.name + ".controller"); // Adds a float parameter called Speed controller.AddParameter("Speed", AnimatorControllerParameterType.Float); //Add states AnimatorState idleState = controller.layers[0].stateMachine.AddState("Idle"); idleState.motion = idleAnim; //Blend tree creation BlendTree blendTree; AnimatorState moveState = controller.CreateBlendTreeInController("Move", out blendTree); //BlendTree setup blendTree.blendType = BlendTreeType.Simple1D; blendTree.blendParameter = "Speed"; blendTree.AddChild(walkAnim); blendTree.AddChild(runAnim); AnimatorStateTransition LeaveIdle = idleState.AddTransition(moveState); AnimatorStateTransition leaveMove = moveState.AddTransition(idleState); LeaveIdle.AddCondition(AnimatorConditionMode.Greater, 0.01f, "Speed"); leaveMove.AddCondition(AnimatorConditionMode.Less, 0.01f, "Speed"); target.GetComponent<Animator>().runtimeAnimatorController = controller; } } #endif

Copy and paste the above into a c# file

cvaughan02 likes this.
  7. LINKENN

LINKENN

hello everyone.
    I rewrite all the whole code. I don't know why the animator helper window wont work, I putted idle animation and run animation is putting itself automatically and I can't to change run animation. Animator Helper .png someone can tell me what is wrong?
    I have unity 5.

8. fionarat

fionarat

I need help

9. mgear

mgear

hi, whats the problem?

10. fionarat

fionarat

my scripts are not workeing

11. mgear

mgear

Are there any error messages?

12. fionarat

fionarat

13. fionarat

fionarat

so can you help

14. fionarat

fionarat

hey

15. mgear

mgear

well..what error messages you have?

16. CrazyZombieKiller

CrazyZombieKiller

Unbelievable. We have to drop the code into Unity ourselves?? I did, after having to spend a lot of time parsing the code since the comment lines plank out everything and I don't know these functions. But nevertheless, after a lot of work I shouldn't have to do I got a clean compile. And of course it didn't work. The menu didn't pop up. No console error messages. Nothing. Unbelievable. Is there anything that could be done.

17. Miklauz

Miklauz

@LINKENN

if you copy and paste the above code you get that error.
    to fix it go into void OnGUI()
    and find this line:
    runAnim = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Run", idleAnim, typeof(AnimationClip), false) as AnimationClip;
    then simply delete idleAnim and type runAnim, so you get that line:
    runAnim = EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Run", runAnim, typeof(AnimationClip), false) as AnimationClip;

worked for me. regards.

p.s. i just realized i'am a bit late so sorry that noone helped you when you needed it...