Search Unity

Animation flips by 180 degrees with Humanoid

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Compressed, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Compressed

Compressed

Alright, I imported a model from the blender into Unity with some animations on it. If i drag the model into a scene and then hit play it all works okay (animations work as well). But then, if I go into the import settings of the model and change the animation type from Generic to Humanoid and then try to hit play, everything works except the model rotates by 180 degrees on the up axis (so if it had its back facing wall, then when I hit play, it is looking at the wall). The animations themselves have no such rotation in them.
    How can i remedy this situation?
    Thanks.

2. Rosie-Posie

Rosie-Posie

I remember something like that happening to me, but cant remember the solution. Have you tried baking the rotation into the animation? Also, maybe check the orientation of the root bones in your modeling software? And last thing I would check, the the avatar definition in the rig tab of your character. Maybe reset the pose and enforce a T-pose and see if he rotates? That's all I've got! hope it helps!

3. Jself

Jself

Make sure your export up axis is set correctly at export out of blender. I believe "Y" is the standard for up axis in unity.