Search Unity

Animation doesn't play???

Discussion in 'Animation' started by stahlbrand1997, Apr 19, 2021.

1. stahlbrand1997

stahlbrand1997

Hi!

I've downloaded Maximo models and animations just to keep things simple, in the animator the animations are firing, but the animations doesn't play on my character. On the file I've attached you can see that under the animator tab to the right the Avatar says "none". Does that have anything to do with it??

I attached the animator script to an empty gameobject, from that gameobject I've attached all scripts such as movement. The actual Maximo model is a child to the gameobject.

Here is whats weird.....If the animator is attached to the actual maximo model called "character", then surely some animations play. BUT then I cant access the rigidbody to track eg. rigidbody.velocity.y > 0 to activate a jumping animation.

Anybody here who knows what's wrong or what other approach I should use? Either I have the animator on the parent (empty game object) or on the child which is the actual character model? Both has their own problems to me and I can't solve any of them.

Please help and thank you so much if you do!!!!

Attached Files:

2. stahlbrand1997

stahlbrand1997

This is the image, accidentally uploaded a gif of something completely different

Attached Files: